What is Dysport?
Benefits of Dysport:
- Starts working in 2-3 days
- Lasts around 3-4 months (varies on each individual)
- Quick and painless treatment
- Reverses signs of aging
What to know before a Dysport appointment:
- It is a quick and painless treatment
- Avoid supplement such as fish oil, vitamin E, vitamin A, gingko, and flax 7 days before treatment can minimize risk for bruising
- Avoid blood thinners aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications 7 days prior to procedure. Please consult a physician if you are taking these medications for a medical condition before discontinuing.
- It is recommended to not lie down for 4 hours a treatment.
- We tailor each treatment focused on each individual’s unique anatomy. Providing customized treatments.
BEFORE & AFTER
Checkout our before and after gallery where we feature a few our recent patients.
ARE RIGHT FOR YOU?
Our team is made up of experienced professionals
excited to help and provide personalized care just for you.
Alicia McCarthy, ND
Dr. Alicia McCarthy earned her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology degree from California State University of Fullerton in 2008 and her Naturopathic Medical degree in 2017 from National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR. The twelve years Dr. McCarthy spent working in emergency medicine as an EMT set the foundation for the provider she is today. She now specializes in aesthetic medicine, dedicating her continuing education and practice to staying current on the latest techniques and products. Dr. McCarthy believes in aging gracefully. She takes the time to sit down with each patient and find out what this means for them.
Prior to joining Knott Street Dermatology, Dr. McCarthy had her own practice in Lake Oswego focused on aesthetic medicine, hormone balancing, thyroid conditions, and IV medicine.
Originally from Southern California, Dr. McCarthy has lived in Portland for the last eleven years. When she is not working Dr. McCarthy stays busy with her two young kids, husky pup, and husband. They enjoy spending time outside, camping, swimming, and playing at the park.
Rachel Almada LE,CAE
Rachael graduated from the Aesthetics Institute in 2020 and recently acquired a Bachelor of Arts from Portland State University. Coming from a dermatology background, Rachael has a passion for skin health and sun protection. Her favorite part about being an Advanced Aesthetician is helping patients reach their skin goals and watching their confidence build because of it. She understands that everyone’s skin requires its own unique approach whether it’s a treatment plan or a skincare regimen.
When she is out of the office, Rachael enjoys traveling, trying new food, making art, and doing pretty much anything outdoors – especially if it includes her Doberman-mix pup, Rubio!
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to schedule an appointment please let us know.
Our patients’ feedback is vital in our improvement. Please take a minute to leave us a review and let us know how your experience has been at Knott Street Dermatology.