Science is at the heart of CoolSculpting®. With its fat-freezing technology, it eliminates stubborn fat cells without damaging your skin and muscles. This article will explore the science of Coolsculpting®, how it works, and its benefits for your body.
Using Cold Temperatures to Break Down Fat
Coolsculpting® is the brand name for cryolipolysis, a process that uses cold temperatures to break down fat cells. Cryolipolysis was invented by Dieter Manstein from Massachusetts General Hospital and Rox Anderson from Harvard Medical School in 2008. It is now an FDA-approved method of removing stubborn fat without surgery.
An aesthetician or doctor will move the CoolScultping® device over the treatment area. At the right temperature, the fat cells freeze and die and the body naturally flushes out these dead cells for one to three months. However, you may already start seeing results in as little as a few weeks.
What to Expect from a Coolsculpting® Treatment
Here’s what you can expect when you come in for your Coolsculpting® treatment:
- Consult – A specialist will speak with you about your fat reduction goals. Then, she will work with you to create a unique treatment plan tailored to your body shape so you can meet those goals.
- Treat – You will only need one treatment to reduce the fat cells in a targeted area. We will begin by marking those target areas. Then, the cooling gel is applied to start the freezing process.
- Recover – Coolsculpting® is a non-invasive fat reduction cosmetic treatment. There is hardly any downtime during the procedure. You may feel numbness or tingling, but it goes away immediately after the treatment.
Every CoolSculpting® result varies from person to person. The result depends on your natural body shape and the specific areas you want to treat. The specialists at Knott Street Dermatology will work with you to create a customized treatment plan.
The Advantages of Coolsculpting®
CoolSculpting® is not a weight-loss treatment, but it can help you get the perfect body shape that your regular weight-loss routine couldn’t achieve.
Here are some of the benefits of the Coolsculpting® treatment:
- A single CoolSculpting® treatment reduces fat cells in the target area by 20-25 percent.
- The cooling gel isn’t uncomfortable. It won’t feel like putting ice on your skin.
- As a non-invasive cosmetic treatment, you will barely feel any pain or side effects.
- The body’s natural reaction to dead fat ensures long-term results from your treatment.
Some fatty deposits will not go away no matter how much you exercise or restrict eating your favorite foods. This is where Coolsculpting® can help.
Let us help you get into your best shape
With a healthy diet and exercise, Coolsculpting® can help you meet your body goals. It will improve your body’s shape and contour, removing fat that regular exercise could never get rid of.
Get your fat reduction treatment at Knott Street Dermatology.
Contact us today to book your appointment.